Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How Did I Get Here

How did I get to this point in my life? How did I get so old so quickly? Questions I am sure others have asked - for the same reasons, for entirely different reasons. However I, like some other pastor's wives didn't marry a pastor and didn't marry with the intention of of ever being a pastor's wife. I was eighteen, what did I know. He was 20, what did he know. Yet here we are, many years later trying to live out our days ministering to a group of church people who have the mistaken idea that we know what we are doing.


Don't get me wrong, I love my life - for the most part anyway. I love my husband and I love being a pastor's wife. Yet there are days when I feel like that long-ago little bride whose life stretched before her in a fog of dreams and ideas of happily everafter with absolutely no clue as to how to get there.


Today it is my hope to use this blog to sort out my life, vent my frustration, gain some insight, list my hopes, acknowledge my fears, share my thoughts, and find out if there is anyone out there even remotely interested in my thoughts and writings. I hope you find me worthy of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment